In 1893, the First German Baptist Church of Chancellor was recognized
as an organized church by the German Baptists of North America.
The first church building and parsonage were built in 1894 and was
located one mile east and one and a half miles north of Chancellor on a
four-acre plot and included a cemetery which is still in use.
In 1923, the church people decided to move its facilities to
Chancellor. In 1978, they began the process of building a new church on
the northwest side of Chancellor. It was dedicated in April 1981.
We thank God for faithful pastors who minister to us and share their
lives with us. We are also thankful for diligent, faithful laymen who
uphold the word of God and share in the ministry of the Gospel.
As a congregation we dedicate ourselves to continue the task of
teaching the Word of God, living to glorify Him, and sharing the Good
News of Jesus Christ.